Protecting your privacy is important to Trustar Mortgage (ABN 40793457099 ‘Trustar ‘).
Every time we collect or otherwise deal with your personal information, we will be regulated by the National Privacy Principles contained within the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). Trustar Mortgage has developed this Privacy Statement to inform you about how Trustar Mortgage will collect, hold, use, and disclose personal information of our customers or other individuals, how individuals can gain access to personal information held by us and how an individual may inquire about how we deal with personal information.
Collection of your personal information
We only collect your personal information where that personal information is necessary for one or more of our functions or activities. Depending on your relationship with us, this information may include, but is not limited to the following information:
If you are applying for an Trustar Mortgage product or service, information such as:
- your name, address, employment details (including previous employment details), contact details, date and place of birth, sex, property and mortgage details, and information about your assets and liabilities;
- information we receive from consumer reporting agencies, such as your creditworthiness and credit history; and
When collecting this personal information, we will do so only by lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive way.
When collecting personal information about you which, for the purposes of the Privacy Act is regarded as sensitive information or health information, we will collect that information from you or from third parties only with your consent.
At or before the time we collect personal information about you (or if that is not practicable, as soon as practicable thereafter), we will provide you with a statement outlining certain basic facts concerning us and our information handling practices as required by the Privacy Act.
Where it is reasonable and practicable to do so, we will only collect personal information about you from you directly and not from third parties. However, in many instances, this will not be practicable. If we collect personal information about you from a third party then we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you receive the information that we are obliged to make you aware of. This may involve us contacting you directly, or a third party discharging our obligations on our behalf.
We may collect certain information about you using cookies, whenever you access our site or the World Originate system. The personal information collected is only used for statistical purposes to monitor use of our site or the World Originate system. Personal information collected in this manner is not used for any other purpose or to contact people directly.
Use and disclosure of your personal information
Trustar Mortgage collects, uses and discloses your personal information for a range of purposes. These purposes depend largely upon your relationship with us.
We will use personal information for the primary purpose for which it was collected. The primary purpose of collection is the main reason we collect your personal information in the first instance. For a customer, the primary purpose may be for us to provide you with our products or services including the facilitation of the assessment of your application for finance and the subsequent provision of finance, for a job applicant it may be to assess your application.
Generally speaking, Trustar Mortgage uses and discloses personal information for purposes such as:
- to assess your application for finance;
- to provide and maintain finance to you;
- for associated administrative purposes, such as billing and processing of your account;
- facilitating the conduct of business relationships with you;
- to provide you with details of the latest offers or specials in relation to Trustar Mortgage products and services;
- to investigate and resolve complaints concerning the provision of services by us or others associated with us;
Trustar Mortgage contracts out various services associated with our functions and activities. This may involve the disclosure of your personal information to other persons and organisations, both within Australia and overseas.
The types of persons and organisations to which Trustar Mortgage may disclose your personal information include the following:
- organisations with whom we have arrangements or agreements for the purpose of promoting our products or services and any agents used by us in administering such arrangements or agreements;
- our agents, contractors and external advisers who carry on our functions and activities or who assist us to carry on our functions and activities from time to time;
- other parties necessarily involved in the provision of finance to you such as solicitors and accountants (Trustar Mortgage’s and an individual’s), mortgage insurers, credit reporting agencies, general insurers, conveyancers, valuers, debt collecting agencies and government authorities; and
- other parties to whom we are authorised or required by law to disclose information.
Consent and sensitive information
We rarely collect sensitive information about you.
We will only collect sensitive information from you or about you with your consent. In most case, by supplying sensitive information about yourself you will be taken to have given your consent to our collection of that information.
In most instances, when we collect personal information directly from you, we will obtain your consent to use it for our various purposes. When we obtain information from a third party we will usually enlist that third party to obtain consent on our behalf. In some situations, we will be able to collect sensitive information about you with obtaining your consent. Where this occurs, we shall comply with the Privacy Act at all times.
Security and quality of your personal information
Trustar Mortgage will take reasonable steps to ensure that any of your personal information that we collect, store, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up to date.
Requests for access to and correction of your personal information
You may request details of the personal information we hold about you, by writing to or contacting us at any time.
No fee will be charged for making the request. We may however charge a fee for the provision of this information to cover administrative costs. We will inform you of any fee at the time a request is made.
In general, we will allow access to the personal information we hold about you. However, we may deny access to personal information to you to the extent that:
- providing access would pose a serious threat (or in the case of personal information other than health information, a serious and imminent threat) to the life or health of any individual; or
- providing access would have an unreasonable impact upon the privacy of other individuals; or
- your request for access is frivolous or vexatious; or
- it is otherwise appropriate for us to deny access in accordance with the Privacy Act.
We will not deny you access to any personal information following an access request without providing you with a reason for the denial.
Where providing access would reveal evaluative information generated within Trustar Mortgage in connection with a commercially sensitive decision-making process, we may give you an explanation for the commercially sensitive decision rather than direct access to the information.
If you are aware that any of your personal information is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date following an access request, or because your circumstances have changed, please inform us so that we can update our records. We will correct any incorrect personal information and will not refuse to make a correction without providing you with a reason for the refusal. However, if we do refuse to make a correction, we will take reasonable steps to place with the disputed information a statement from you claiming that the disputed information in your opinion is not accurate, complete or up-to-date.
If you have any concerns or inquiries about how we deal with your personal information, you should contact us. All correspondence should be directed to:
The Privacy Compliance Officer
Trustar Mortgage (ABN 40 793 457 099)
Level 20 The Zenith Tower A
821 Pacific Highway
CHATSWOOD NSW 2067